Monday, August 28, 2006

The Importance of Hydration (pSteve Part 1)

At 15 I was a sophomore and looking forward to my sophomore dance, the Soph-hop. I was going with the boyfriend of the moment who happened to be about 1/2 a foot taller than me. He also happened to be a jerk and we broke up before the dance. My English partner Ed was a sweetheart and agreed to go with me at the last minute. Unfortunately he was a little shorter than me, so the heels I was wearing made me tower over him. We looked cute in the picture though.

It was a nice night, but Ed being a boy was more interested in the snack table then dancing so I was basically just hanging out with my friends. Heidi had brought a boy she met at a choir competition. A few of us had met him before when we went to see his school play, but other than that he didn't know a soul. This was especially unfortunate since she decided she was more interested in a guy out in the parking lot and left poor Steve to fend for himself.

To his credit, he was a cutie and my friend Cathy soon started to circle. I loved her, but she went through men like toilet paper and she was there with her boyfriend, so I stepped in and asked him to dance since my date wasn't up for it. We spent the rest of the night dancing and having a good time...then he kissed me. It was quite possibly the worst kiss in the history of the world, it still hasn't been topped in my dating experience. I spent the rest of the night finding ways to avoid it happening again.

The night ended and we traded numbers and for the next month we talked on the phone and said we were dating though we never saw each other. He lived in another town and we just never managed to meet up. I was already pulling away when he asked me to marry him. Okay, what he asked was, if we were older and I asked you to marry me would you? I wasn't even 16 yet, so no! That tipped the scales and I broke it off...and he started to cry. He cried like a 3 year old with a skinned knee. Through hiccuping sobs he said he was going to drink lots of diet Pepsi which would make him pee and he would dehydrate and die. I just quietly hung up the phone, how are you supposed to react when someone threatens to pee themselves to death?

In this story the "p" stands for Pepsi...but there are more stories....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home