Thursday, September 14, 2017

Where the Wild Things Are

Okay, obviously the profile tip thing got away from me.

I drifted away from the usual online dating places because, well, I wasn't finding a lot of people I wanted to meet.  And I embarked on a alternate adventure that was and is oddly less creepy.

The journey began after a person I was chatting with told me he liked to have dirty underwear stuffed in his mouth.

I'll let that sink in.

Now, I'm not judging him.  We all have our kinks (that's right, everyone of us.  I'm looking right at you, the ones who refuse to take your socks off in bed). I have mine too, they just don't include putting my dirty panties anywhere other than the laundry.  But this made me think.  I'd been joking that when I first did the online dating thing I of course ran into a few guys with a thing for feet, wearing women's underwear...whatever.  Where were those guys?  I'd been joking that the guys I remembered all moved over to FetLife for a while, so I decided to check it out.

It is sort of like Adult FaceBook, but with better stories, pictures and grammar (usually).

I've met some incredibly nice people who are very patient with my questions.  I'm also finding that these folks actually MEET!  They get together in groups, talk, laugh, listen to speakers...that is my favorite part.  Sure, not everything is my cup of tea, but it's all so very interesting and non-judgmental.

The other thing I've noticed is that when sex/kink is right up front, it is also less of a taboo.  There is less pressure, and you talk more.  It's pretty cool.  And for me, who does have certain things I enjoy but usually have to wait until things get more serious to find out if the other person is interested, it makes dating very different.  Less wondering, less worry and just a lot of actually getting to know someone.

So I have found where my wild things are (and other people's too!)  This makes me happy.  And I can be my own little wild thing...or not so wild.  It's my choice.

I am not vanilla, more caramel swirl with sprinkles, but I'm also not mint brussel sprout chunk.  If you were curious :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home