Thursday, January 18, 2007

Didn't See That One Coming

So my divorce, while painful, at some point also became absurd.  There was a moment I was sure there was a hidden camera.  One of those moments started with a small package for my ex-husband from a company named Angelic something or other.  Not a group I'd associate with my ex.  I called him to let him know he had a package and he asked me to open it.  Inside was a pen with a cherub on it and business cards for "Serene Stephen-Psychic".  To this day I wish I'd kept one.

It turns out that to make a little extra cash he'd answered an add and become an Internet psychic.  I couldn't help myself, I looked him up.  His bio was basically crap about how his grandmother was Native American and had taught him to be one with the spirit world.  And yes, she was a native, but he never spent any time with her because his father's side of the family, much like his father, was dysfunctional.  He said, and I quote, that he had "string ties to the natural world" and was on the "falcutly" of an Ivy League Institution.  I think the typos may have contributed to why this career option didn't pan out. 

My boss at the time was almost willing to risk the inevitable identity theft that would occur afterward to get a "psychic reading" from Serene Stephen.

As a bonus, I got to tell people my husband left me and became an Internet psychic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home