Thursday, January 18, 2007

Karma

My mother has many times said I was too nice about the divorce.  My response has been that I wished to handle things with grace and let the universe sort things out.  A friend gave me great advice: There are 2 people in every divorce, the sane one and the crazy one.  Your only job is to not be the crazy one.  That got me through a lot of bizarre things.

But if you ever wonder if Karma is a real thing, I offer this as evidence.

My ex left his job after he was given the option of resigning or being fired.  There was a question about misappropriation of funds involving of all things a bong.  Yeah, not the brightest move.  As he was searching for a new position he decided to fall back on some of his carpentry knowledge and apply for a job at Home Depot.  We've all been there.

The surprise came when he was told that they would love to hire him, but there was a problem with his background check.  It seems the woman he'd been sleeping with while we were married lead him astray and convinced him to shoplift from Strawbridges in 2005 (keep in mind he's always had sticky fingers so I'm sure it was a hard sell for her, and dude, he was 29! Grow up!)  Well, they got caught and while the store didn't press charges they did put a note in some retail background file which popped up when he applied for the Home Depot job.  The only way they could hire him would be if he got that file cleared, and by this time Strawbridges no longer exists.  Short answer: He couldn't even get a job in retail because of the stupid things he'd done!

Oh yeah, the universe is so much better at payback then I could ever hope to be.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home